Child Passenger Safety Week is just around the corner. It kicks off today and lasts through September 24th. The “Buckle Up for Life” program that is from the Toyota brand and Cincinnati Children’s hospital is sharing its top safety tips to help drivers of every age and experience level learn how important child car seat safety is. Here at your Toyota dealers serving San Diego, CA, our team is proud to be associated with such a great cause! Keep reading to find out more!
Gloria Del Castillo, child passenger safety expert at Cincinnati Children’s, had this to say about child car seat safety:
An alarming three out of four car seats are not installed properly. We can and must do better for our children. We know that proper use of car seats and booster seats can help prevent many child injuries and deaths. That’s why “Buckle Up for Life” teaches parents, caregivers, and children about the proper use of car seats and provides free seats to families in need.
“Buckle Up for Life’s” Top Tips for Car Seat Safety to Do it Right are:
- Vintage is always the right look: Purchase your own new car seat.
- Measure twice: Always check for fit and wrinkles in car seat straps to ensure your child is snug in the car seat.
- Focus on inner beauty: Ignore price. Being more expensive doesn’t mean it’s safer than a cheaper model.
- Give them a boost: Children shorter than 4’9” need booster seats at all times.
- Call in the Experts: There are a lot of resources that you can use to ensure you get it right. Don’t hesitate to use them.
To learn more about car seat safety and to find out about all the great safety features that our new Toyota lineup has to offer, head on down to Toyota Chula Vista to speak to a member of our team today! We look forward to your visit!